[PW] Request help tracing Rebecca West quotation in 1928 Saturday Evening Post

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:29:19 PDT 2015

Thank you all for your helpful and insightful conversation.

Scans from the December 8, 1928 issue of "The Saturday Evening Post"
were sent to me by a kind person at Berkeley. An entry about this
quotation is now available:

There Is No Such Thing as Conversation. It Is an Illusion. There Are
Intersecting Monologues, That Is All
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/10/29/mono/

The acknowledgement includes the following:

[Begin excerpt]
Many thanks to the discussants on the Wombats mailing list including:
John Cowan, Claire, Barbara Schmidt, Brian Whatcott, and Mark Halpern.
Cowan pointed out the pertinence of the lectior difficilior potior
principle.
[End excerpt]

Feedback and additional citations welcome,
Garson
QuoteInvestigator.com