[PW] Accurate depictions of Catholic Saints

Kevin O'Kelly rkokelly at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 18:22:04 PDT 2015

Hi, Elizabeth:

As for how St. Patrick (or anyone else) would have dressed in fifth-century
Ireland, I wonder if anyone can really know. However this page might lead
you to useful sources:

http://www.celticgarb.org/clothing/main.html

I would also suggest taking a look at illustrations from Gerald of
Wales' *Topographia
Hibernia* and *Expugnatio Hibernica*. It's 700 years removed from the days
of Patrick, but I imagine much closer to giving an idea of how he might
have dressed than romanticized images of a bishop would be.

As for the question about sacrifice beads, you might try emailing the
library at the Museum of Catholic Art and History:

http://nmcal.org/nmcah_exhibition_in_washington.html

Best,

Kevin

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Elizabeth Barksdale <ebarksdale at udallas.edu