[PW] searching for Father-Son mystery series

Todd Mason foxbrick at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 18:03:45 PDT 2015

Yes, the original writers were cousins, Frederic Dannay and Manfred B. Lee...Ellery's father was a detective...they began publishing stories about the Queens, and signing them as if by Ellery, in 1928, and the stories continued to appear till the 1970s, though Dannay and Lee had given up writing them after a certain point, and major writers such as Jack Vance, Avram Davidson and Theodore Sturgeon would write Ellery Queen novels from outlines Dannay provided. There were films, radio series, and at least two attempts at tv series...and ELLERY QUEEN'S MYSTERY MAGAZINE is still published, and might be the best of the crime fiction magazines to appear on newsstands today.

Elliot is certainly a more likely name for someone to have...

Todd Mason