[PW] Most Notable Quotations of 2015 So Far?

John Henderson jhenderson at ithaca.edu
Tue Nov 17 15:18:54 PST 2015

Too little, too late. If only Rand Paul was a viable candidate, this quote might have been worthy.  “Government was instituted among men to protect your rights, not to create rights. So you don’t have a right to a chair, you don’t have a right to shoes, you don’t have a right to pants, you don’t have a right to health care, you don’t have a right to water — you have a right to be free.”

It has been the "right to pants" line that has given it notoriety.

John Henderson
Ithaca College Library