[PW] identifying a snake

Petter Naess petter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 07:01:32 PST 2015

I agree that some of the photos on the web identified as "green night
adder" don't strongly resemble the photo of "my" snake
<http://imgur.com/H5jStDT>, for example this one
<https://www.google.no/search?q=causus+resimus&rlz=1C1CAFB_enNO610NO610&espv=2&biw=1680&bih=925&tbm=isch&imgil=Zk_vEjb_Sbj3GM%253A%253B2W8NN5a0X0IcrM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.photomazza.com%25252F%25253FCausus-resimus&source=iu&pf=m&fir=Zk_vEjb_Sbj3GM%253A%252C2W8NN5a0X0IcrM%252C_&usg=__B5P_ovlJVaieJ8qd2vxSSgDPrv0%3D&ved=0CCUQyjdqFQoTCJbjrJ__8cgCFenqcgod0aMEVg&ei=H3k3VtbXB-nVywPRx5KwBQ#imgrc=zyNztueeTjEUOM%3A&usg=__B5P_ovlJVaieJ8qd2vxSSgDPrv0%3D>,
but that photo of the severed specimen
<https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbGPNVav0T1FOdKG6wpXl5_fsq0a-ij8rudYWLqDnh0-FE-7eAbQ>
in the reptile database is certainly a close match. You may well be correct
that I'll have to settle for "tentative" in the absence of other evidence,
however..
Thanks, Petter