[PW] Knight of the Round Table

brian whatcott betwys1 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 20 10:26:02 PDT 2015

Here's a fanciful reference to Prince Arthur and his archers.... Page
265, King Henry IV Part II

http://tinyurl.com/myvuh36

  The Pictorial Edition of the Works of Shakspere: 2nd Ed., Volume 1

By William Shakespeare
Charles Knight (ed.) 1867 Clay, Son & Taylor, Printers Bread St. Hill,
London.

And here is a much more respectable reference for the year 1588 to a
London Archery club set up on the premise of mimicking Prince Arthur and
his knights, wherein, a latter day Sir Lancelot is mentioned:
http://tinyurl.com/mvbwkga

  John Nichols's The Progresses and Public Processions of Queen
  Elizabeth I:

  Vol 3 1579 - 1595

By Elizabeth Goldring, Jayne Elisabeth Archer, Elizabeth Clarke   OUP 2013

Brian Whatcott