[PW] Music used in a Betty Boop cartoon

DorisAnn DorisAnn at woh.rr.com
Fri May 15 17:15:02 PDT 2015

This is from the info provided by the YouTube source.  I always remember
a Fred Astaire special in the early days of tv when he danced to St.
James Infirmary.

Doris Ann Norris, the 2000 year old librarian

First Cab sings "St. James Infirmary" in the rotoscoped guise of Koko
the Clown. "St. James Infirmary" was Cab's original signature tune, but
he wanted something written specifically for himself, so he and Irving
Mills wrote "Minnie the Moocher" to supplant "St. James Infirmary." The
two melodies are extremely similar, and also bear a close resemblance to
"Prohibition Blues." "Snow White" ends with the old Missourians
instrumental, "Stopping the Traffic."