[PW] Quote credited to Ayn Rand about evading reality

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Fri May 1 14:03:51 PDT 2015

Way back in November 2012 Nina Gilbert posted a question about a quotation
attributed to Ayn Rand on the Wombats mailing list as part of her endeavor
to help improve the quality and accuracy of Yearbook quotations. I sent a
message to the list about the saying in November 2012 and Suzanne Watkins
responded with valuable information.

The Quote Investigator website now has an entry on this topic. But there is
certainly room for improvement and feedback is welcome. Here is the title
and a link.

Title: You Can Avoid Reality, But You Cannot Avoid the Consequences of
Avoiding Reality

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/04/30/reality/

[Begin excerpt from article acknowledgement]

Great thanks to Nina Gilbert whose inquiry on the Wombats mailing list led
QI to formulate this question and perform this exploration. Special thanks
to Suzanne Watkins who located the 1961 paper on the aynrand.org website.
All yearbook editors who request citations deserve praise for their
dedication to accuracy.

[End excerpt]

With appreciation,

Garson O'Toole