[PW] Martian Manhunter

cowan at ccil.org cowan at ccil.org
Fri Jun 19 10:55:46 PDT 2015

Luke Owens scripsit:

> I just hope DC does something decent with the "New" Martian Manhunter,
> instead of keeping him on as the character who gets killed over and over
> again....

I think the trouble is that he's just too close to Superman without
kryptonite.  A character that can do whatever the plot demands is just
*too* flexible; he can't have any human weaknesses.  The MM's only
problem is his failure to understand human culture, and even that
doesn't really count as a *weakness*.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
One of the oil men in heaven started a rumor of a gusher down in hell.  All
the other oil men left in a hurry for hell.  As he gets to thinking about
the rumor he had started he says to himself there might be something in
it after all.  So he leaves for hell in a hurry.    --Carl Sandburg