[PW] Higher Education Directory (HEP) for early 90s

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Fri Aug 28 13:16:52 PDT 2015

WorldCat lists the following Tennessee libraries as having at least
some volumes:

   US,TN                AQUINAS COLL
                         TAJ
   US,TN                CHATTANOOGA STATE COM COLL
                         TNC
   US,TN                COLUMBIA STATE COMMUN COL
                         TOA
   US,TN                CUMBERLAND UNIV, VISE LIBR
                         TLU
   US,TN                DAVID LIPSCOMB UNIV
                         TDL
   US,TN                EAST TENNESSEE STATE UNIV
                         TET
   US,TN                JACKSON STATE COMMUN COL LIBR
                         TNV
   US,TN                LINCOLN MEM UNIV LIBR
2004                      TNF
   US,TN                MID-AMER BAPTIST THEOG SEMINARY
                         TBT
   US,TN                NASHVILLE STATE TECH COMMUN COL
                         TNT
   US,TN                NORTHEAST STATE COMMUN COL
                         TOE
   US,TN                PELLISSIPPI STATE COM COLL
                         TNW
   US,TN                ROANE STATE COMMUN COL LIBR
                         TOB
   US,TN                UNITED METHODIST PUBL HOUSE
                         TNU
   US,TN                UNIV OF MEMPHIS
                         TMA
   US,TN                UNIV OF TENNESSEE
                         TKN
   US,TN                UNIV OF THE SOUTH
Current year only         TWU
   US,TN                VANDERBILT UNIV LIBR

and Virginia:

 US,VA                ARGOSY UNIV, WASHINGTON DC
                       PP@
   US,VA                ARLINGTON PUB LIBR
                         VIA
   US,VA                BLUE RIDGE REG LIBR
                         VMA
   US,VA                CENTRAL RAPPAHANNOCK REG LIBR
                         RR1
   US,VA                CENTRAL VIRGINIA COMMUN COL
                         VCG
   US,VA                COUNTY OF HENRICO PUB LIBR
                         VHP
   US,VA                DEFENSE TECH INFO CTR
                         DTI
   US,VA                DRUG ENFORCEMENT ADMIN LIBR
                         DEE
   US,VA                EMORY & HENRY COL
                         VEH
   US,VA                FEDERAL RSV BANK OF RICHMOND
                         FRR
   US,VA                GEORGE MASON UNIV
                         VGM
   US,VA                INTERNATIONAL MISSION BRD, SBC
                         VRD
   US,VA                JOHN TYLER COM COLL
                         PZN
   US,VA                JOINT FORCES STAFF COL
                         AFQ
   US,VA                LIBERTY UNIV
                         VLB
   US,VA                LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA, THE
                         VIC
   US,VA                LYNCHBURG COL
2007.                     VLY
   US,VA                NATIONAL SCI FOUND
                         NSF
   US,VA                NORFOLK STATE UNIV
                         VNS
   US,VA                PATRICK HENRY COL LIBR
                         P$H
   US,VA                PAUL D CAMP COMMUN COL
                         TWF
   US,VA                PRINCE WILLIAM PUB LIBR
                         VPW
   US,VA                REGENT UNIV
                         VCB
   US,VA                RICHMOND PUB LIBR
                         VRP
   US,VA                SAINT PAUL'S COL
                         SPC
   US,VA                SUNTRUST BANK, INFO CTR
                         VRB
   US,VA                SWEET BRIAR COL LIBR
Retains latest edition.   VSB
   US,VA                TAZEWELL CNTY PUB LIBR
                         PGB
   US,VA                TIDEWATER COMMUN COL
                         TWJ
   US,VA                UNION PRESBYTERIAN SEMINARY
                         VUT
   US,VA                UNIV OF RICHMOND
Retains current editi...  VRU
   US,VA                UNIV OF VIRGINIA
                         VA@
   US,VA                VIRGINIA TECH
1986,1992,1995            VPI
   US,VA                VIRGINIA THEOL SEMINARY
                         VTS
                                                  TJC

Their catalogs would need to be checked individually to see just which volumes.

I did check U of Tennessee (no luck with the period you want) and U of
Memphis, and the latter has a 1992 volume:

Title     The HEP ... higher education directory.
Imprint     Washington, D.C. : Higher Education Publications, 1983-
Holdings     McWherter Library - General Collection - Oversize has:
1984, 1986, 1988 thru 1989, 1991 thru 1992.
    Book Cover
Location     Call No.     Status
 McWherter Library - 4th Floor Oversize      L901 .E334  1992        AVAILABLE

and Vanderbilt, which has 1992 and 1993 -- only the current volumes
are listed as Reference, so presumably the 1990s ones could be
requested by you via InterLibrary Loan.

PEABODY
Location: ANNEX -- L901 .H46
Holdings: 1984-1986,
Holdings: 1988-1993,
Holdings: 1995-2013

My own home library, the U of Minnesota, has what looks like a full
run, and all of the older volumes should be available on ILL (and
unless things have changed since I retired two years ago, U of MN is
traditionally a generous ILL loaner).

Dennis Lien / d-lien at umn.edu