[PW] Children's book stumper: big wind blows everyone around at night

Jesse Lewis jlewis at bburglibrary.net
Thu Aug 27 06:14:54 PDT 2015

Resending as I originally sent to the wrong PW email address.  Apologies if this winds up coming through as a duplicate message.

Hi all,

I've tried querying children's literature/library lists with this stumper to no avail.  This description has come to me in a roundabout fashion, so what I've got here is all I know.

A friend of a friend is looking for a picture book her mother used to read her as a child (the searcher is 28 so picture book reading would have been happening in the late 80s through early 90s?) and neither of them remember the title.  They remember that the book was light blue and had an illustration of wind gusts on the cover.  There's a boy who sleeps all day, and his family doesn't know why.  It turns out that at night, when the family goes to bed, a great wind comes and blows everything and everyone around...bears are in trees, birds are on the ground...and the boy spends all night putting everyone back.

That's it.  Does this ring any bells for anyone?  I've Googled, Novelisted and Worldcatted with various combinations of "wind", "sleep", "bedtime", "boy", "animals", "bear(s)", "bird(s)", "blow", etc.

Thanks!
--Jesse Lewis
Brownsburg Public Library