[PW] Far Country by Rudyard Kipling?

Mary Capps ferness42 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 08:44:28 PDT 2015

I think there's one of two things going on here: 1) It is not by Kipling or 2) it is not entitled "The Far Country" (not even as an alternative title).
Even using academic short story databases, I found only one short story by Kipling that even references that phrase, and that's "The Limitations of Pambe Serang":  http://www.readbookonline.net/readOnLine/2432/.  Even various complete works of Kipling have no reference to such a title by Kipling (prose or poetry). If Pambe Serang is not it, it might be helpful to have a story synopsis to determine which story it might be (regardless of author).  I did find references to a patron in Florida who has been looking for this very thing since the mid 2000s, so (regardless of the Eckankar references to this story) I seriously doubt it exists (at least as a Kipling authored piece).

Mary C. Capps
You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit in silence. That's been the main reason for our policy of hiring wild animals as librarians. - Monty Python's Flying Circus.