[PW] Far Country by Rudyard Kipling?

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Thu Apr 30 06:13:44 PDT 2015

Some recent(-ish) anthologies and collections which contain John
Buchan's "The Far Islands::

The Watcher by the Threshold and Other Tales 1979 John Buchan
Scholarly Press     v+
264 hc coll

The Far Islands and Other Tales of Fantasy Nov 1984 John Buchan Donald
M. Grant 0-937986-68-2 $17.00 206 hc coll Larry Dickison

Tales Before Tolkien: The Roots of Modern Fantasy Sep 2003 ed. Douglas
A. Anderson Del Rey / Ballantine 0-345-45855-9 $14.95 436 tp anth John
Howe

The Watcher by the Threshold Aug 2005 John Buchan Ash-Tree Press
1-55310-083-2 $49.00 xxvi+
358 hc coll Keith Minnion

 Scottish Ghost Stories Feb 2009 ed. Rosemary Gray Wordsworth Editions
(Tales of Mystery & The Supernatural) 978-1-84022-168-8 £2.99 623 tp
anth William Russell Flint

I'd guess the anthology in which Timothy read it recnetly might be
TALES BEFORE TOLKIEN, which would have had the largest circulation of
the above.

Dennis Lien / d-lien at umn.edu