[PW] question for any British wombats

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Wed Apr 22 11:36:12 PDT 2015

On 20/04/15 19:05, Sylvia Milne wrote:
> They probably would, but in British universities you get a 1st, 2one (upper 2nd), 2two (lower second) or a third.

First, 2:1, 2:2 and 3rd are honours degrees, there are also Pass degrees.

Not sure about the others but there's some rhyming slang; Desmond for a 
2:2 and Richard for a 3rd (Richard is also rhyming slang for something 
else in the scatalogical version.)

Bernard Peek
bap at shrdlu.com

In search of cognoscenti (again)

More information about the Project-Wombat mailing list