[PW] function of the distance of that book from the library catalog

jonackroyd at shaw.ca jonackroyd at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 8 09:55:05 PDT 2015

Wombats:

  1.  Can you find the reference for.... A paper I once read that claimed "the probability of a reader reading a book in the library was a function of the distance of that book from the library catalog."
  As you can tell, this research was done a while ago (back when library science papers were measuring book access in terms of card catalog distances).  I haven't had any luck finding the original paper that made this claim.  Can you?  What's the citation?

  Disclaimer: This is from today's Google SearchResearch Challenge.  I have done a lot Googling and used Yale Book of Quotation; also searched Project-Wombat Archives with no luck. I cannot make any headway either.

  Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

  Jon Ackroyd
  Very west coast of Canada

Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a purpose. - Garrison Keillor