[PW] Charlie Thorpe's Sac and Fox Name

Elizabeth Barksdale ebarksdale at udallas.edu
Tue Apr 7 13:41:24 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm helping a researcher find information on athlete Jim Thorpe. Jim
was Native American and enrolled in the Sac and Fox tribe and had the
Native name Wa-tha-sko-huk, which means “The Light After the Lightning.”

Jim also had a twin brother, Charlie, who died as young boy. I'm trying to
find Charlie's Native name. I'm not finding the Native American names for
Charlie or Jim's other siblings. I'm hoping they were recorded somewhere,
but I'm not sure. Any help is much appreciated!

--
Liz Barksdale
Head Reference Librarian
ebarksdale at udallas.edu