[PW] Cosmopolitan Magazine, 1899-1900

Debra Andreadis andreadisd at denison.edu
Sun Mar 20 16:42:03 PDT 2022

I found a copy of the ad you are referring to, but in a different magazine.
I found it in *Outing, an Illustrated Monthly Magazine of Recreation*
(1885-1906); Oct 1898; 33, 1;  in the American Periodicals Series. I looked
through the ads from Cosmopolitan Magazine for that month, but did not see
this ad there. The only National Gramophone Ads from that magazine that I
found do not have the hand holding discs. If you would like I can send you
a pdf directly of the ads I found.

Debby Andreadis

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 2:28 PM Allen Koenigsberg <allenamet at aol.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>   I am looking for a full-page ad that appeared in Hearst's 'Cosmopolitan
> Magazine' around 1899-1900. It showed a hand - holding 3 disc records
> vertically. It was placed by the National Gram-o-phone Co.
>   When I went onto Archive.org and they certainly have a lot of them, I
> noticed that only the text (articles) were a part of their database.There
> were NO ads, as usually included in such sections (at the back of each
> monthly issue?).
>   Is there a better Online source for this magazine, which includes the
> Advertising Sections?
> Thanks!
> Allen
> Allen Koenigsberg
> allenamet at aol.com

Debra Andreadis, MS, MSIS
Deputy Director
Denison University Libraries
Granville OH 43023
Phone: 740-587-5653
andreadisd at denison.edu
https://denison.libcal.com/appointments/andreadis
she/her/hers

Get your questions answered--
*Make an appointment <https://denison.libcal.com/>*
Search our FAQ or Chat with us <https://denison.libanswers.com/>

Quote: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens
can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." --
Margaret Mead