[PW] Trans-Atlantic ship 1881?

Katherine Harper kharper4 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 14:11:22 PST 2022

Allen—

I can't help you with Berliner's outgoing ship, but this may narrow down
the date for you. Here is his application for a passport, dated April 13
and 14 of 1881. Note that it is four pages long:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99DC-NRY6?i=1331&cc=2185145&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AQGKJ-PNX2

For information on landings in Germany, I suspect that you will have to
check with a records bureau in the city to which he sailed (probably Bremen
or Hamburg). Luckily, they keep *everything*, so you're likely to have
success.

Best,

Kathy

Katherine Harper, Ph.D.
Provider of customized editing, writing, indexing, and research services
<http://www.kharpereditor.com>

*LinkedIn profile <http://linkedin.com/in/kharper4>*