[PW] Word Value Doubling

Sten Thaning sten at thaning.se
Wed Feb 9 14:09:14 PST 2022

I'm not a matematician, but I *think* that any 7 letter word with a word value of 63 will automatically have a reverse-word value of 126.

If we have a seven letter word with the letters (a), (b), (c), (d), (e), (f), (g), and the word value 63 we can give the letters the following values:

First criteria: a+b+c+d+e+f+g=63

Reverse word value = (27-a)+(27-b)+(27-c)+(27-d)+(27-e)+(27-f)+(27-g)
Simplifying: Reverse word value = 189-a-b-c-d-e-f-g = 189-(a+b+c+d+e+f+g)

Since a+b+c+d+e+f+g=63 as per the first criteria, this can be simplified to

189-63 = 126.

Obviously, this only works for 7 letter words.

So the good news is that you only have to look for 7 letter words with word value of 63 and can ignore the reverse value.

Regards,
 - Sten