[PW] Searching for the source and the original language of a curse

GraceAnne Andreassi DeCandido graceanneladyhawk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 07:48:10 PST 2021

My grandmother noted a curse from her Abruzzese youth to the effect of "May
he find scorpions in his bed." When I was older, I was told it was more
like "May he find scorpions in his scrotum."
I have done no searching on this, I wouldn't know where to begin. But I
would love to know the source (it may also be Arabic, or dialect) and the
original language.
What prompted this search, and my request to you, is Joe Manchin.
GraceAnne
in New York City
*a word after a word after a word is power*
-Margaret Atwood