[PW] artist's name on 1850s woodcut (Brooks-Sumner)

Allen Koenigsberg allenamet at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 17:48:05 PST 2021

Hi,
   I am looking at an old woodcut, probably colorized after its 1856 creation, and it shows a variation on the famous scene of assault.There are some papers on the floor, and 3 books & a hat as well.
  At the bottom left, it looks like the initials are A. F. but I suppose it could be A. P.
  Does anyone know the exact date it originally appeared (maybe in Harper's?). Or the artist? That would be very helpful.
  Here is the URL where it can be seen:       https://www.democracyandme.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Caning-of-Charles-Sumner-1856.jpg
Thanks.
Allen
Allen Koenigsberg