[PW] Appeal for Notable Quotations of 2021

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at yale.edu
Sun Oct 24 05:29:28 PDT 2021

It's getting to be that time of year again.  In the next five or so weeks I have to finalize my list of the 10 most notable quotations of the year, disseminated by the Associated Press, and would welcome suggestions.  The criteria are quotations that are famous, or important, or particularly revealing of the spirit of our times.  Invariably many of the quotes are political in nature, but I do very much want some nonpolitical quotes from fields such as popular culture, sports, business, science, etc.  I also would like to have some foolish quotes from Democrats to give the list some balance.

Note that quotations from December 2020 may be eligible.  Internet memes can be considered if they are very popular.

Fred Shapiro
Editor
NEW YALE BOOK OF QUOTATIONS (Yale University Press)