[PW] Iroquois quote

David Haynes davhaynes at juno.com
Thu Sep 30 12:20:00 PDT 2021

Wombats,

Thanks so much to Garson and Dennis for discovering the references to the 'Where are the women' quotes. These involve the Cherokee instead of the Iroquois, are a century or so earlier, and are not supported by original sources that actually have the quote. But they do suggest an area for further investigation. I've about concluded that my original question concerning a really interesting quote allegedly by a famous, and often quoted, person, delivered on an extremely important, and well documented, occasion lacks an original source because, well, maybe it never happened. Such is life. Thanks again to Garson and Dennis. Happy trails, David

David Haynes    davhaynes at Juno.com    San Antonio