[PW] Iroquois quote

David Haynes davhaynes at juno.com
Sat Sep 18 14:35:03 PDT 2021

Joeys,

In 'My Life on the Road' Gloria Steinem wrote that during the Constitutional Convention Franklin advocated for a federal system similar to the Iroquois Confederation and

"That’s why he invited two Iroquois men to Philadelphia as advisers. Among their first questions was said to be: Where are the women?”

I have been unable to find a source for this quote about women and would be delighted if someone could point me to it. Thanks. Happy trails, David

David Haynes    davhaynes at Juno.com    San Antonio