[PW] Trying to find poem for library patron

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Sat Sep 18 11:48:22 PDT 2021

I did some fulltext searching on Hathi Trust

https://www.hathitrust.org/

for the remembered phrases (or portions of them) and found the poem.
Here's a direct link:

https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uc1.$b252510?urlappend=%3Bseq=45%3Bownerid=9007199259588586-49

It's "The Backwater (to E.L.D.)" by Frank Kendon, in his 1924
collection POEMS AND SONNETS.  The entire book is free online at

https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uc1.$b252510

and the poem in question is on pp. 30-32.  Enjoy!

Dennis Lien // (retired from) U of Minnesota Libraries // d-lien at umn.edu