[PW] short article in Norwegian (26 wds).

Even Hartmann Flood even.flood at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 14:52:10 PDT 2021

Even a Norwegian like me might have problem here! One word I do not
recognize.
But here goes
Captain Ness arrested Peter Dahl, who worked at Hansen's mill in Nord, on
demand by Emma Broberg. who says Dahl is father to her "usobte" child.
Mysterious word is "usobte", which might be "udøbte", unbaptised.  If the
original is in fractur and not latin font, the letters can be confusing.

Even

On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 at 20:40, Allen Koenigsberg <allenamet at aol.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>      In connection with some research, I have to translate a short entry
> in a Norwegian newapaper from Sep 2, 1887 ("Felt Raabet").
>   I have tried entering the text here in English characters, but also have
> it in the original Norwegian font, if anyone needs that for confirmation.
> A couple of the o's had a slash mark...
>   " Kapt Ness aresterede Peter Dahl, der arbeide paa Hansens Molle i Nord,
> paa Forlangende af Emma Broberg, der siger Dahl er Far til hendes usobte
> Barn."
> Much thanks!
> Allen
>

> Allen Koenigsberg
> allenamet at aol.com

Even Hartmann Flood,  Senior Academic Librarian, retired
Håkon Magnussons gate 1 B
NO 7041 Trondheim
Norway
Phone:+47 95 11 58 14
even.flood at gmail.com
"Come, and take choice of all my library, and so  beguile thy sorrow."
                                (Shakespeare)