[PW] Quote: The Golden Age of science fiction is twelve

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Fri Oct 16 16:48:26 PDT 2020

I can't predate 1972 so far (let alone 1957) but another 1970s
citation of some interest is by Baird Searles in his "Films" column in
the October 1977 MAGAZINE OF FANTASY AND SCIENCE FICTION , p.62:  "A
much heard expression is 'the golden age of science fiction' (more or
less meaning the 1940s.  Some disillustioned science fiction prson
(could it have been Terry Carr?)  said that 'the golden age of science
fiction in twelve.'  I do not take this as a totally pejorative
remark."

Dennis Lien // d-lien at umn.edu