[PW] Golden Age of SF

Michael J. Lowrey orangemike at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:37:29 PDT 2020

This from Ted White (yes, THAT Ted White):

Tell O'Toole that Farber is wrong.  Pete Graham became a coeditor of
VOID with #22.  He was not a contributor to earlier issues, certainly
not in 1957.  And he never uttered that quote in VOID.

I knew both Pete and Terry well in the 1960s (they'd been friends since
the early '50s).  I never heard Pete say that epigram, but I heard
Terry attribute it to him many times; I assume he said it at some point
(to Terry) in the '50s.

But I heard that saying, or something similar, many times from many
people.  It was commonplace, not least because it makes perfect sense.

--Ted White

--
Michael J. "Orange Mike" Lowrey

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and
clothes."
     --  Desiderius Erasmus