[PW] Grimm's Fairy Tales

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Thu Oct 15 05:16:29 PDT 2020

I'd recommend Jack Zipes' version:

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Fairy-Tales-Brothers-All-New/dp/0553382160

>From the Inside Flap

The Complete Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm

Perhaps no other stories possess as much power to enchant, delight,
and surprise as those penned by the immortal Brothers Grimm. Now, in
the new, expanded third edition, renowned scholar and folklorist Jack
Zipes has translated all 250 tales collected and published by Jacob
and Wilhelm Grimm, plus twenty-nine rare tales omitted from the
original German edition, as well as narratives uncovered in the
brothers? letters and papers.

Truly the most comprehensive translation to date, this critically
acclaimed edition recaptures the fairy tales as the Brothers Grimm
intended them to be: rich, stark, spiced with humor and violence,
resonant with folklore and song.

About the Author

Jack Zipes is a preeminent fairy-tale scholar who has written,
translated, and edited dozens of books, including The Original Folk
and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm and Complete Fairy Tales of
Oscar Wilde. He is a professor emeritus of German and comparative
literature at the University of Minnesota.

Dennis Lien // (retired from) U of Minnesota Libraries // d-lien at umn.edu