[PW] Seeking source of Angela Davis quote

Sandra Elaine Riggs sriggs at uga.edu
Mon Aug 3 05:31:55 PDT 2020

Hello folks,

If you go thought the thread of this request, you see that the not non-racist, but anti-racist structure in quotes that are very close can be tracked down in newspapers, said by others, as early as 1977. It may be that it was a typical formulation of the movement, but gained notoriety when spoken by Angela Davis.

The oral tradition around the quote seems to be that it happened when she gave a speech in Oakland in 1979, but I've not found it.

Thanks everyone. If I get a definite answer I will share with the group.

Sandra E. Riggs
UGA Libraries | Research and Instruction Librarian
Zoom appointments available

p: 706-363-0464<tel:7063630464>
e: sriggs at uga.edu<mailto:sriggs at uga.edu>

[University of Georgia]