[PW] Seeking source of Angela Davis quote

Sandra Elaine Riggs sriggs at uga.edu
Fri Jul 31 08:16:12 PDT 2020

Hello,
The quote is "In a racist society, it is not enough to be non-racist, we must be anti-racist" is widely attributed to Angela Davis. However, we don't know if this is from a book, article or interview. A librarian on the EDI Facebook group, thinks it was in an interview, but I've not found it. A colleague of mine found this site, which says Davis said/wrote this in 1979 -

https://www.sarahhnicotra.com/publications/dismantle

I feel like I should be able to find it for the patron, but I haven't had luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandra E. Riggs
UGA Libraries | Research and Instruction Librarian
Zoom appointments available

p: 706-363-0464<tel:7063630464>
e: sriggs at uga.edu<mailto:sriggs at uga.edu>

[University of Georgia]