[PW] Fwd: Re: Facts about publishing (Chris Zielinski)

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Thu Apr 30 09:42:21 PDT 2020

The former BOWKER ANNUAL is now being published as:

Title  Library and book trade almanac.
Related Titles
Earlier Title: Bowker annual of library and book trade information
Publisher  Medford, NJ : Information Today, Inc.
Date 2009 -

Subjects
Libraries -- United States -- Periodicals
Information science -- Periodicals
Library science -- Periodicals
Book industries and trade -- Periodicals
Bibliographies as Topic
Book Industry
Libraries
Library Associations

*************
Latest edition held in print at my former library is that for 2019.

For periodicals, the standard print annual used to be ULRICH'S
PERIODICALS DIRECTORY --
I don't know if it's still coming out in print (U of MN doesn't show
any such for recent years)
but it is available as a subscription database:

What is Ulrichsweb?

Ulrichsweb is an easy to search source of detailed information on more
than 300,000 periodicals (also called serials) of all types: academic
and scholarly journals, e-journals, peer-reviewed titles, popular
magazines, newspapers, newsletters, and more.

What does it include?

Ulrichsweb covers more than 900 subject areas. Ulrich's records
provide data points such as ISSN, publisher, language, subject,
abstracting & indexing coverage, full-text database coverage, tables
of contents, and reviews written by librarians.

Dennis Lien // (six-plus-years retired from) Wilson Reference,
University of Minnesota Libraries // d-lien at umn.edu