[PW] Searching Title Bird God Poem

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 01:03:01 PDT 2020

The poem you are searching for might be a response or a commentary on
a passage in the New Testament. Perhaps you have already heard this.
Knowing this background might by helpful to you during your search.

Biblical Passage: Matthew 6:25-27 New International Version (NIV)
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6%3A25-33&version=NIV

[Begin excerpt]
Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will
eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more
than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the
air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your
heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
[End excerpt]

Year: 2000 (1996 Copyright)
Title: The Sunday Sermons of the Great Fathers: A Manual of Preaching
Spiritual Reading and Meditation
Translated and Edited by M. F. Toal, D.D.
Volume 4
Publisher: Ignatius Press, San Francisco, California
Section: Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost
Quote Page 92

[Begin excerpt]
Chrysostom, as above: For God made all living things for man; but man
for Himself. The more precious man is as a creature, the more will God
care for him. If then the birds shall find their food without toil,
shall man not find it, to whom God has given both the knowledge to
labour, and the expectation of making it fruitful?
[End excerpt]

Garson O'Toole