[PW] Martin Luther quotation

Bristol Library bplref at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:37:27 PDT 2020

I have a patron who wants to cite a quote purportedly from Martin Luther.
I can find it mentioned all over (with variations in wording) and
attributed to Luther but with no citation as to source.  The quotation is
as follows:

Woman must neither begin nor complete anything without man: Where he is,
there she must be, and bend before him as before a master, whom she shall
fear and to whom she shall be subject and obedient.

Any ideas?  I've been trying to search through some of the works but man,
there are a LOT of works!

Thanks for any leads!

Jeanne
--