[PW] Fwd: Finding out if a work is in public domain

Bristol Library bplref at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 11:57:19 PST 2020

We have a patron who is trying to find out if the play Sun-Up by Lula
Vollmer has gone into public domain. We know the author renewed the 1924
copyright in 1951.  Author died in 1955.  I did searches at
cocatalog.loc.gov/ and found nothing under her name but I'm not happy with
just negative evidence.  I've also checked several lists of works that
became available in various years but no joy.  Does anyone have ideas of
where I can find out definitively?  Some of her papers (and those of her
heirs) are at NYPL archives and I have sent an inquiry there.

Thanks,
Jeanne

--
Bristol Public Library