[PW] "Old age is a bad disease"

Sue Watkins genealogy2018 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 24 23:31:03 PST 2019

The earliest I could find that exact quote was in the Baltimore Sun (Baltimore, Maryland), 6 March 1902, column 2,  paragraph 2. I am sending a copy of the paper to you offlist.
The story is regarding the sanity trial of a merchant, Mr. Ignatius Batory, who's 3 children had him placed in a local asylum, claiming he was too unstable to properly take care of his own affairs. Batory was defended by State Senator Lewis Putzel (1866-1914).
The quote is part of the opening statement made by Senator Putzel to the court.

Sue W
=============Man will destroy the world because he does not obey the laws of nature and pretends to know the laws of God -S. Sullivan, 1966