[PW] Science fiction story featuring people with vestigial limbs

Lesley K klesleyk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 19:58:43 PST 2019

Robert Benchley had an amusing essay - "Future Man: Tree or Mammal?" -
about automation eventually transforming humans into catalpa trees,
but I doubt that's what you're remembering.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 9:34 PM Janet Ball <mariedelee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know the title and author of a sci fi story (novel?) about a
> future world in which everything is provided through automation and the
> human inhabitants lose their limbs through disuse? When I saw Wall-E I was
> reminded of this story, but I'm starting to wonder if I dreamt it up.
> Thanks!
> Jaime

-- Lesley Knieriem
   Rogers Public Library
   Rogers AR

Nunc adeamus bibliothecam, non illam quidem multis instructam libris,
sed exquisitis. -- Erasmus