[PW] Need help finding a resource to get military records

Barbara Schmidt schmidtbrb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 14:05:38 PST 2019

Have you tried Fold3 or ancestry.com? They may have these records linked
from the name and date of birth. Their military records databases are
subscription based but many libraries and some list subscribers here have
these subscriptions.


On Wednesday, November 13, 2019, Carolyn Haley <dcma at vermontel.net> wrote:

> Spouse seeks to get ahold of his deceased father's military records
> (WWII). Veterans Administration and National Archives (U.S.) online lookups
> don't work because he's missing his dad's "service number."  He has all
> other pertinent identity data, but the form requires that service number so
> his submission won't go through. We cannot find any FAQ or other channel
> that answers the question, "How do you get the service number?"
> Anyone know? Without that number, all our searches just keep cycling back
> to the same place and conundrum.
> Thanks in advance!
> --CNH
> ***********************************************************
> Carolyn Haley
> DocuMania
> Production support for writers, editors, and designers
> www.documania.us
> Member National Association of Independent Writers and Editors
> _______________________________________________
> Project Wombat - Project-wombat
> list at project-wombat.org
> http://www.project-wombat.org/

More information about the Project-Wombat-Open mailing list