[PW] Need help finding a resource to get military records

Carolyn Haley dcma at vermontel.net
Wed Nov 13 13:56:41 PST 2019

Spouse seeks to get ahold of his deceased father's military records 
(WWII). Veterans Administration and National Archives (U.S.) online 
lookups don't work because he's missing his dad's "service 
number."  He has all other pertinent identity data, but the form 
requires that service number so his submission won't go through. We 
cannot find any FAQ or other channel that answers the question, "How 
do you get the service number?"

Anyone know? Without that number, all our searches just keep cycling 
back to the same place and conundrum.

Thanks in advance!


Carolyn Haley
Production support for writers, editors, and designers
Member National Association of Independent Writers and Editors 

More information about the Project-Wombat-Open mailing list