[PW] Need help finding a resource to get military records

Carolyn Haley dcma at vermontel.net
Wed Nov 13 13:56:41 PST 2019

Spouse seeks to get ahold of his deceased father's military records
(WWII). Veterans Administration and National Archives (U.S.) online
lookups don't work because he's missing his dad's "service
number."  He has all other pertinent identity data, but the form
requires that service number so his submission won't go through. We
cannot find any FAQ or other channel that answers the question, "How
do you get the service number?"

Anyone know? Without that number, all our searches just keep cycling
back to the same place and conundrum.

Thanks in advance!

--CNH