[PW] old newspapers

Nichael Cramer nichael at sover.net
Sat Oct 19 07:52:34 PDT 2019

John Cowan wrote:
>An important question, I think, is whether these papers are supposed to
>look as they would look now, or as they looked in 1907?  If the latter,
>newly printed paper with old typography and style would work better.

1] Likewise, depending on what "role" the newspapers have in the play,
you may only need to reproduce the covers/outer sheets in the old style.
The interior sheets could consist of modern (i.e. cheaper) newsprint,
perhaps cut to size.

2] OTOH, if you have a little money to spend on these props, it should
be relatively easy to find an on-line image of a real front page from this
period.  Any competent print-shop should be able to take the file and
print you a copy of this in full-size.  (In point of fact, I've had a fair
amount of luck with having, say, my local Staples do custom jobs
along this line.  Cheap and quick.)

HTH
Nichael