[PW] old newspapers

Bill Davis wmadavis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 20:19:05 PDT 2019

I used to microfilm old newspapers for the University of Kentucky and
newspapers from 1907 and the surrounding years were in the worst
condition of any papers we filmed, because that's when papers changed
over to acidic wood-pulp paper and the surviving papers were brown
and falling apart.  Papers from before that era were often in
excellent condition.

Maybe you can get some facsimiles printed up.

Bill Davis

At 10:55 AM 10/18/2019, you wrote:
>Good morning -
>
>Our Theater Department is looking for some old newspapers from about
>1907 to use as props.  The year does not need to be exact, just
>something with a turn of the century look.  Is anyone willing to get
>rid of old newspapers, or does anyone know where we can buy some for
>a reasonable amount of money?
>
>Many thanks for any help!
>
>Phyllis
>
>Phyllis Ann K. Bratton
>Director, Raugust Library
>University of Jamestown
>6070 College Lane
>Jamestown, ND   58405
>701-252-3467, ext. 5433
>

>Never ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by
>stupidity.  - Hanlon's Razor

>Project Wombat - Project-wombat
>list at project-wombat.org
>http://www.project-wombat.org/