[PW] ?Fifties novel about a foreign exchange student from South America

Katherine Harper kharper4 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 09:21:08 PDT 2019

I found the book I was talking about, and discover that I was wrong on
several points. It's called *Polly French and the Surprising Stranger*
(Whitman, 1952) and the exchange student is from Peru, not Brazil. John,
ask your friend if that title rings a bell. Here's a used copy on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Polly-French-Surprising-Stranger-Francine/dp/B000E1AJM4
.

Kathy

Katherine Harper, Ph.D.
Provider of customized editing, writing, indexing, and research services
<http://www.kharpereditor.com>

* <https://www.linkedin.com/in/kharper4>*