[PW] Novels with buildings as characters/main protagonists

Dana Dalrymple ddalrymple at spokanelibrary.org
Mon Jul 29 17:51:13 PDT 2019

Well, if they are willing to go with artificial intelligence, there are books that have intelligent houses or buildings as characters, but they are usually portrayed as evil entities and are not the narrators. There are many more books with AI ships. Apparently "Golden Fleece" by Robert Sawyer is a first person narrative by the ship's AI. More possibilities here, but often they are robots - https://www.reddit.com/r/scifi/comments/1vh0u4/is_there_any_novel_where_the_narrator_is_an_ai/

Dana Dalrymple
Managing Librarian |
Spokane Public Library