[PW] still hunting for quote source, part found was very helpful

Document Delivery DocDelivery at iona.edu
Fri Jul 26 05:50:40 PDT 2019

The quote still undetermined is in single quotes:

"Without them [virtues resulting from Greek games and circus exercises],
 ‘our glorious independence had never been obtained, and to their cultivators its future permanency must ever be vastly indebted. Every exhibition, therefore, that tends to excite emulation in athletic achievements, ought to be reward with the the plaudits of patriotism, and the smiles of beauty.’ "

Thanks!!

Edward Helmrich
Interlibrary Loan Office
Ryan Library