[PW] Quote: It was Shaw who advised young playwrights to gear the length of each act to the endurance of the human bladder

John Henderson jrhenderson9 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 07:09:29 PDT 2019

Reminds me of the story of astronomer Tycho Brahe who was said to have died of politeness. Either he died of a burst bladder, or more likely a bladder infection, all because he was unwilling to excuse himself to pee when he was in the company of the Danish King at a royal banquet.

Sounds to me like a good subject for a one-act play.

John Henderson
Librarian, Ithaca College, retired