[PW] Request verification in Rolling Stone mag - Found It!!!

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 22:54:41 PDT 2019

Great! Many thanks to Donna and Barb. I was able to view the November
3, 1988 piece in "Rolling Stone" magazine on microfiche. The Quote
Investigator website now has an article on this topic:

Somebody Has To Do Something. . . It Seems Pathetic That It Has To Be Us
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2019/03/27/has-to/

[Begin excerpt from acknowledgement]
Special thanks to wonderful research colleagues who identified and
shared important citations. Barbara Schmidt located the crucial video
clip of Jerry Garcia. Barry Popik located the September 28, 1988
citation. Donna Halper located the October 10, 1988 citation. Jesse
Sheidlower precisely located the “Newsweek” citation based on the
inexact information from a Google Books snippet match. Also, thanks to
Popik for his previously posted exploration which found citations
beginning in December 1988.
[End excerpt]

Here is a YouTube link to the video clip Barb found embedded in a Facebook page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9um_flYGjg

Garson O'Toole