[PW] Appeal for a Particular Type of Quote

Meredith Dixon dixonm at pobox.com
Fri Nov 2 03:17:47 PDT 2018

Mid-February, Joy Behar on "The View", quoted by Salena Zito:

In a segment about Vice President Mike Pence and his belief that he
hears the voice of God, Behar quipped: “It’s one thing to talk to
Jesus. It’s another thing when Jesus talks to you. That’s called
mental illness, if I’m not correct . . . hearing voices.”

<https://nypost.com/2018/02/17/faith-is-no-longer-a-virtue-in-america/>

Mid-July, Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez:
"Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is
low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely
feed their family."

<https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/jul/18/alexandria-ocasio-cortez/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-wrong-several-counts-abou/>

Mid-July, Jason Dominguez, Santa Barbara, CA, city council member:

"Unfortunately, common sense is just not common," he said. "We have to
regulate every aspect of people's lives."

<https://www.noozhawk.com/article/santa_barbara_city_council_bans_plastic_straws_expanded_polystyrene>

August, Irami Osei-Frimpong, graduate student and local activist at
the University of Georgia:

"All of these white women getting arrested is great,” Osei-Frimpong
said. “We need to destigmatize jail, and just see it as something good
people do from time to time, like a soldier going to battle. It's not
something you run to, but not something you run away from."
<https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11303>