[PW] Request help tracing Dorothy L. Sayers quote: As years come in and years go out / I totter toward the tomb

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 11:07:42 PDT 2018

This message is a follow-up to the request I made back on September
21st . The Quote Investigator website now has an article about the
poem in the subject line:

As Years Come In and Years Go Out, I Totter Toward the Tomb
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/10/28/totter/

[Begin acknowledgment]
Great thanks to Donna Halper who responded to a mailing list inquiry
from QI by pointing to “The Letters of Dorothy L. Sayers: Volume Two”
which contained an instance of the poem within a footnote. The
footnote pointed to Barbara Reynolds 1993 biography of Sayers. Halper
also pointed to an instance in the 1996 collection titled “The Poetry
of Dorothy L. Sayers” edited by Ralph E. Hone. In addition, thanks to
discussant Dave Hause. Many thanks to the staff of Buswell Library at
Wheaton College who provided crucial scans of the 1953 letter from
“The Letters of Dorothy L. Sayers: Volume Four”.
[End acknowledgment]

Garson