[PW] Article(s) about a Leo Katz portrait

Jeffrey Pike jpike at gpl.org
Fri Oct 26 07:21:43 PDT 2018

A patron has asked if I can find an article about a portrait painted by Leo Katz of her husband's mother, Ann Jacobs Lenhart Macy. I was remiss in not asking the patron for the spelling of Ann (or Anne) and Lenhart, so I may not have those correct. Google provides no results.

The patron thought the article was in an issue of the New Yorker in 1921 or 1927. I searched the archive at newyorker.com and got no results.

I contacted the Leo Katz Foundation, who replied with an attached image they believed was the portrait, made in 1922, and thought there may have been articles in the 12/31/22 issue of the New York Tribune and another one in the March 23, 1922 issue of International Studio. I searched the Tribune at newspapers.com and International Studio at Hathi Trust, but again, no results (there was a brief mention of Mr. Katz and his portrait of "Miss Vanderlip" in the March, 1923 issue of International Studio).

I would welcome suggestions for further search strategies.

Thank you!

Jeffrey Pike
Technology Services Librarian
Groton Public Library