[PW] ? Kavanagh-Related Quotations (Quotation Query #801)

Meredith Dixon dixonm at pobox.com
Thu Oct 4 14:20:41 PDT 2018

I think these two passages will certainly be remembered:

Margot Cleveland, in USA Today, Oct. 3:

"But the problem for Ford is not that she doesn’t remember everything:
It is that everything she remembers changes at her convenience."

<https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/10/03/christine-blasey-ford-changing-memories-not-credible-kavanaugh-column/1497661002/>

>From Senator Lindsey Graham's remarks before the Judiciary Committee, Sept. 27:

 "This is the most unethical sham since I've been in politics. And if
you really wanted to know the truth, you sure as hell wouldn't have
done what you've done to this guy....  Boy, you all want power. God, I
hope you never get it. I hope the American people can see through this
sham."

<https://www.lgraham.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=AD589A47-407D-4603-8569-A5F538D7A86A>

And I think there's a chance that these two will:

Senator Orrin Hatch in the Wall Street Journal, Oct. 2:

"You’ve got to be kidding me. Do the people making this argument
really expect a man who until five seconds ago had an unblemished
reputation to sit passively while his reputation is viciously and
permanently destroyed? While he is accused of the most horrific and
obscene acts imaginable? Judge Kavanaugh’s critics seem to be aghast
that he is a human being who is unwilling to take slander lying down."

<https://www.wsj.com/articles/brett-kavanaughs-righteous-anger-1538519713>

Roger Kimball on PJMedia, Oct. 3:

"So: Democratic jackals on the Senate Judiciary Committee, aided and
abetted by their loyal public relations firms -- the mainstream media
-- and hectoring unpleasant people funded by George Soros, heap mud on
Brett Kavanaugh for weeks and then step back and say: “He’s got mud
all over him! Let’s move on to a more pristine victim.”

<https://pjmedia.com/rogerkimball/its-all-gone-the-democrats-dead-ideals/>

Meredith Dixon <dixonm at pobox.com>